I have another OUAI product video and review for you, but this time a OUAI video that speaks to the curly girls. I have never shared HOW CURLY/WAVY my hair is, because I have never found a product that truly took care of my curl and really just helped it be. But, Jen Atkin, founder of OUAI, made it happen. I’d like to introduce you to the Curl Jelly. (Check out my Youtube video for more details and how I style my curls.)
The Curl Jelly is a product for a curly/wavy girl like myself… it isn’t a stiky gel or sticky mouse, but holds the curl and keeps it soft. This product was actually Ouai’s first crowd sourced product. They went out to find what curly girls wanted and created a new game-changing curly hair product for girls that have curls and waves that need to be tamed
It’s a one step product that gives curls an airy, touchable texture, especially for girls, like myself, that like to wash and go. It’s a lightweight, water-based gel blending silk proteins with nutrient-packed absinthium and moringa oils that lock in moisture while repairing damage
I shared a tutorial on my Youtube channel and I have to share Ouai’s Curly Jelly really does eliminates frizz and moisturizes waves, coils, curls and ringlets like an oil while adding gel-like definition – I would love if it could moisturize more but I have super dry hair and the new rose oil comes inclutch for that extra moisture, but the curly jelly definitely has a way of defining, springing up and holding the curl.
Some Curl Jelly Specs:
- Product come in a 4.35 Fl oz bottle and it dispenses product with an easy push.
- It smells light and florally, but has a beachy vibe. Not as strong as other Ouai products.
- Serum like texture + Paraben free _ not tested on animals
- feels like a serum and my hair totally soaks it in, so it doesn’t feel like there is any product.
- It’s not sticky per se, but I definitely feel a little residue, but not as annoying as a gel or mousse does
- It’s made of:
- Silk Proteins – Protein is great for rebuilding the structure of the hair and strengthening your coils.
- Absinthium & Moringa Oil Blend – helps repair and moisturize the hair
- Smart Keratin – fills in porosity of your hair, as overly-porous hair causes tangles, frizz, and breakage eplenishing lost keratin helps to correct porosity and smooth the hair’s surface. It restores strength and elasticity, giving the hair a more youthful, healthy appearance.
And, it’s made to evade second-day curl slump by reviving the natural pattern the next morning with just a few pumps on dry hair.
Some other Ouai products for curly hair worth noting:
- Rose Oil Hair & Body Oil
- Multi use oil that you can put in your hair and the residue you can rub on your knees and elbows
- Smells like a garden of roses and a tinge of fresh cut grass
- I prefer it more than the original oil
- Curl Shampoo + Conditioner
- smells so good
- A lot of ouai’s scents are very fragrant, but I really like how light this set is. I’ved used the repair shampoo condition, but the scnet was just too much for me.
- The Shampoo and Conditioner Bottle sizes are different
- The shampoo is thick, so it takes a little bit of work to really laterh it in, but my hair really felt clean
- Both are really moisturizing and my hair felt soft, conditioned, and most importantly clean.